Ours is a friendly and supportive Centre where our teachers guide you in your practice whether you are new to Iyengar Yoga or have practiced elsewhere.
The Iyengar Yoga Centre was first established in 1994 by our Principal and Director Monica Haar, Cert. Advanced Junior 2 Teacher.
Our teachers are trained in accordance with BKS Iyengar’s teachings, and most hold or are working towards obtaining the Internationally recognized certification Mark
No bookings required.
See; and to find out which level suits you.
SPECIAL TIMETABLES DURING LONG WEEKENDS AND MORE !
* Easter Monday 13th April- One class only @ 9.30-11am
* Monday 27th April, Anzac Day observed- As Normal
* Monday 1st June, Queens Birthday- One class only @ 9.30-11am
* Monday 27th Oct., Labour Day- One class only @ 9.30-11am
Special time table 30th April - 2nd May due to Abhijata Iyengars visit and workshop in Akl.
* Thursday 30th April- 9.30- 11am + 11.15-12.15 noon only (no evening classes)
* Friday 1st May, 9.30-11 am only (11.15-12.45 pm cancelled)
* Saturday 2nd May, 9.00-10.30am only (10.30am- 12 noon cancelled)
All Levels are welcome during these special time tables !
1 hour class
Thursdays at 11.15am -12.15pm
This class is for those who find other classes too challenging, want to start anew, or simply just want a 1 hour of tuition rather than an hour and a half. You will learn elementary Asana slowly and thoroughly in a calm and supportive environment. The class is also ideal for those who feel their bodies are stiff or not very flexible.
The 1 hour class caters for injuries that can be managed.
$15 casual or pre-pay for 4 classes @$60
Check it out !